Listing provided courtesy of: Coldwell Banker Schmidt-402, 402 E Front Street, Traverse City, MI
Craftsmanship and attention to detail shine throughout this gorgeous custom built log home. A true work of art, constructed from full hand hewn western red cedar logs imported from the mountains of Whistler, British Columbia. As you walk in the front door you are greeted by picturesque views of torch lake from custom twelve-foot-wide floor to ceiling Douglas Fir windows. The Australian Cypress floors with their deep graining and knots give character, and the ponderosa pine cathedral ceilings highlight the grandeur of this home. Spend cozy evenings around one of the two hand crafted boulder stone fireplaces. Life on the lake can be as thrilling as a fast boat ride through the chain of lakes, or as relaxing as enjoying the still waters and the sound of the loons from the multi-level deck. Additional home on adjoining property available for a guest house, caretakers home, or rental.
- Approx Year Built 2004
- Type Residential
- Type of Ownership Private Owner
- Town T 30N
- Township Torch Lake
- Private Shared Private
- Mineral Rights Unknown
- Energy Efficient Energy Star Appliances, Energy Efficient Windows, Low-e Windows
- Above Gr. FINISHED SF Apx 2462
- Additional Buildings Guest House
- Appliances Equipment Refrigerator, Oven/Range, Disposal, Dishwasher, Microwave, Water Softener Owned, Washer, Dryer, Blinds, Electric Water Heater, Smoke Alarms(s)
- Condo No
- Exterior Finish Full Log
- Below Gr FINISHED SF Apx 1580
- Below Gr UNFIN SF Apx 219
- Fireplaces And Stoves Fireplace(s)
- Foundation Walkout, Full Finished
- Garage Capacity 3
- Heating Cooling Sources Natural Gas
- Heating Cooling Types Forced Air, Central Air, Humidifier, Zoned/Dual
- INTERIOR FEATURES Jetted Tub,Cathedral Ceilings,Foyer Entrance,Walk-In Closet(s),Pantry,Loft,Granite Kitchen Tops,Island Kitchen,Mud Room,Den/Study
- Master Bath Private
- # Baths: Lower 1
- # Baths: Main 2
- Bedrooms 4
- Full Bathrooms 2
- Half Bathrooms 1
- Primary Garage Detached, Door Opener
- Roof Asphalt
- Style 2 Story, Log Home
- TV Service/Internet Available Cable TV, Cable Internet
- Bathrooms 2.5
- Total FINISHED SF Apx 4,042
- Bedroom 1 Floor Covering Carpet
- Bedroom 1 Length Apx 22'
- Bedroom 1 Level Main Floor
- Bedroom 1 Width Apx 12'6'
- BR2 Floor Covering Carpet
- BR2 Length Apx 14'6'
- BR2 Level Lower Floor
- BR2 Width Apx 12'
- BR3 Floor Covering Carpet
- BR3 Length Apx 22'6'
- BR3 Level Lower Floor
- BR3 Width Apx 12
- BR4 Floor Covering Wood
- BR4 Length Apx 11
- BR4 Level Upper Floor
- BR4 Width Apx 12
- Dining Room Floor Covering Wood
- Dining Room Length Apx 14'
- Dining Room Level Main Floor
- Dining Room Width Apx 10'
- Family Room Floor Covering Carpet
- Family Room Length Apx 20'6''
- Family Room Level Lower Floor
- Family Room Width Apx 17'
- Kitchen Floor Covering Wood
- Kitchen Length Apx 14'
- Kitchen Level Main Floor
- Kitchen Width Apx 14'
- Laundry Level Main Floor
- Living Room Floor Covering Wood
- Living Room Length Apx 20'
- Living Room Level Main Floor
- Living Room Width Apx 16'6''
- Body of Water Torch Lake
- Water Front Footage 101
- Number of Acres 0.67
- Water Private Well
- Water Features Priv Frontage (Wtr Side), Inland Lake, All Sports, Sandy Bottom
- Univs Design/Barrier Free Covered Entrance
- Road Public Maintained, Blacktop
- Sewer Private Septic
- Renewable Energy Star Rated A/C, Programmable Thermostat
- Driveway Gravel
- Exterior Features Multi-Level Decking, Landscaped
- Construction Full Log
- Lot Dimensions 101 x 250
- Land Features Wooded-Hardwoods
- School District Elk Rapids Schools
Days on Market
- This property was listed on the market for 133 days
- Average days-on-market for homes between $1,116,000 - $1,674,000 = 53 (in zip code 49648)
Community Demographics for Zip Code 49648 (Kewadin)
- Home Owners: 912 (45%)
- Renters: 75 (4%)
- Vacant: 1,055 (52%)
- Total Housing Units: 2,042
- Average Household Size: 2.24
- Housing Density (People per square mile): 83
Age Range (number of people)
- Age 0-14: 299
- Age 15-24: 219
- Age 25-39: 367
- Age 40-59: 454
- Age 60-79: 578
- Age 80+: 302
- Total: 2,219
* All numbers in this section are 2016 projections provided by Geolytics Inc
School Information for 49648 (Kewadin)
School data for this property is not available.
* School data provided by US Department of Education